Hearing aids come in four technology levels: Premium, Advanced, Standard, and Essential. Selecting the proper hearing aid greatly depends on your lifestyle and, to a lesser degree, the actual loss. Are you active professionally and socially, what activities do you enjoy, are you in challenging environments, etc? Dr. Stakiw takes this information along with evaluation results to guide you through the selection process to insure you get the hearing aid that best matches your needs and budget.
Standard hearing aids best assist individuals who live a SIMPLE LIFESTYLE
- Activities at home
- Watching television
- Casual conversations
- Card games/Small group activities
Advanced hearing aids best assist individuals who live an ACTIVE LIFESTYLE
- Large social functions
- Music concerts/Theater
Premium hearing aids best assist individuals who live a DYNAMIC LIFESTYLE
- Shopping/Public Places
- Religious/Educational gatherings
- Golf/Outdoor activities
Digital Hearing Aid Features
- Dual microphones allow you to hear better in noisy situations. Some can even identify the source of the noise and reduce it!
- Open technology that keeps the ear canal unobstructed eliminates that "talking in a barrel" effect.
- Feedback cancellation does just that. It cancels feedback BEFORE you hear it as an annoying whistle.
- Hands free technology automatically adjusts to your listening environment - whether you are on the phone, in a crowd or in wind.
- Your digital hearing aid can be programmed and re-programmed with a computer to meet your individualized needs.